With business at its peak and summer in full gear, it can be easy to overlook routine maintenance tasks that will help ensure your Graham unit continues running smoothly. We understand it can be hard to find a spare minute in the summer months so this maintenance checklist isn’t as intensive as preparing your rig in the spring or winterizing it during the off-season. A little attention now can help you avoid major problems down the road.
Summer Maintenance Reminders:
- Oil Check: If your oil is extremely dark or black, or if you notice any floating debris, you’re past due for an oil change. Drain and replace the old oil to help protect your engine.
- Spark Plugs: Consider if you’ve changed out this crucial component of your rig in the last year or so. If you experience any sluggishness or difficulty with your engine starting, it’s likely time to replace your spark plugs. This is a quick and easy way to maintain your equipment.
- Air Filters: Inspect your air filters to determine if they are clogged or dirty. This cheap yet integral part of your machine should be replaced annually.
- Belts: Assess the condition of your belts and check for signs of wear, including any cracks or dry, rot to see if they need to be replaced. Additionally, you want to ensure you have the proper tension on the idlers. Having incorrect tension can cause belts to slip. If you determine that a belt needs to be tightened, leave a half-inch of spring in them.
- Hoses: Your hoses can take a beating through your busy season. Now’s a great time to look them over thoroughly for any signs of wear, such as cracks, leaks and dry rot, all of which are indications that it’s time to invest in a new hose.
- Pump Repairs: If you perform pump repairs yourself it’s a good idea to stock up on parts so you have them on hand when the need arises. If you need help repairing your pump or any other component on your Graham unit, contact us online or call 800-543-2810, and we’ll be happy to help.
- Wash: In the height of your busy season, a weekly wash to remove chemical residue can do wonders for increasing the longevity of your rig.
Continue being proactive in performing regular seasonal maintenance, and you’ll be amazed at the years you can add to the life of your Graham unit. Keeping your rig in working order is imperative to growing your business. Following these simple reminders now can save valuable time and money in the future. Keep your rig running strong throughout the busy summer months with these maintenance tips from Graham.