Establishing yourself on the Internet is critical to the success of businesses today and the lawn care industry is no exception. Relying on yellow pages, ads in the local paper, and word of mouth isn’t going to cut it if you want to increase your customer base. Many people use search engines to do the work for them when finding a product or service, so you want to make sure your brand is one of those top results. Having a good website and staying active on social media will help boost your ranking.
- Create a Website: Not only will this be a good hub for your company’s content, but a good website establishes a good first impression with a potential customer and raises your credibility as a business. It’s a great way to enhance your customer service, allowing you to effectively communicate with your customers and prospects.
- Less Can Be More – Creating a website doesn’t have to break the bank and it doesn’t have to be fancy. Using a tool like square space lets you create a website using a premade template, allowing even people with no computer experience to create a professional website. Depending on the scope of your business, a few pages may be all you need for your site.
- Website Content: Obviously you’ll want to include information about the services you offer. It should be visually appealing with a balance of text and images. Including a photo album to display photos of your spray equipment and lawns that you service is a good starting point. It’s also a smart idea to include social media buttons on your website that link to your business pages. This gives your clients a shortcut to accessing all of your online resources. The possibilities for your website are endless depending on how much time and money you want to invest in it.
- The Power of Social Media: Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets offer a great way to publicize your brand.
- Creative Content: Posting pictures of a client’s lawn or your spray rig along with a short description are quick, effective posts that show the quality of work you do as well as the pride you take in your job. You can also post links to relevant lawn care articles that your customers may find informative.
- Smart Scheduling: Posting often is beneficial to your online presence. This may seem intimidating, but there are resources available that allow you to streamline the process. Most social media have scheduling features built in or you can use a website like “Hootsuite” to schedule across several social media sites at once.
If you’re looking to get a step up on your competition and expand your client base, getting your companies name on the Internet is a wise first step. Follow these simple tips to achieve the online presence you need to expand your business and lead your company towards the road of success.